CALM The Campaign Against Living Miserably
We've teamed up with Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) to help support mental wellbeing in the turf, amenity, and pest control sectors.
Following growing concern around mental health in the turf, amenity and pest control sectors, we have teamed up with suicide prevention charity, Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM), to raise awareness of the support they can offer to anyone struggling.
“Alarmingly, suicide is the biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK,” says Alan Morris, Envu environmental science country head.
“The industries in which we operate are largely male dominated, and often require individuals to work alone in isolated conditions, presenting big mental wellbeing challenges.
“The last 12 months have been tough for everyone, and as a result, we want to pledge our support to the turf, amenity, and pest control industries. This is why we’ve partnered with CALM to help raise awareness of the services available and destroy the taboo around mental health and suicide,” he says.
“We believe that CALM is the right fit for all of these sectors because it offers independent support and positive practical solutions which resonate with practically minded people.
“In a world where 6,500 people die by suicide in the UK every year, with 75% of these being male, we believe and hope this collaboration will make a difference and help those who are going through tough times,” says Alan.
Campaign against living miserably (CALM)
CALM runs a free, anonymous helpline and webchat from 5pm to midnight, seven days a week, for anyone who needs to talk about life’s problems, including those at a point of crisis.
Maria Kuzak, senior philanthropy manager at CALM, explains that CALM is leading a movement against suicide charity providing vital, life-saving support, impactful campaigns and collective action.
“On average, 125 people take their own lives in the UK every week. With 75% of all suicides being male. That’s unacceptable,” she says.
“CALM exists to challenge and change this by offering life-saving services, provoking national conversation, and bringing people together to empower everyone to reject living miserably, so that we stand together against suicide.
“We are grateful for Envu’s support which will help us reach thousands more people who could be struggling with their mental health, as well as raising awareness of CALM’s vital life-saving services,” explains Maria.
“That’s why we’re delighted to kick things off with a series of virtual events, and over the course of the partnership create genuine change by removing the stigma surrounding mental health and suicide.”
Key events for Envu and CALM
- Helpline 0800 58 58 58
- Webchat https://www.thecalmzone.net/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theCALMzone
- Twitter https://twitter.com/theCALMzone
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/calmzone/
In the news -Envu and CALM collaboration
- Golf Business News - https://golfbusinessnews.com/news/management-topics/standing-against-suicide-bayer-collaborates-with-calm/
- LAPU - https://landscapeandamenity.com/sections/professional-groundscare/articles/2021-01-18/standing-against-suicide-bayer-collaborates-with-calm
- PitchCare – https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/standing-against-suicide-bayer-collaborates-with-calm.html
- BPCA – https://bpca.org.uk/News-and-Blog/bayer-tackles-mental-health-with-charity-collaboration/266959
- PEST magazine - https://www.pestmagazine.co.uk/news/companies/bayer-collaborates-with-mental-health-charity.html